Miami, FL and Allen, TX – March 19, 2021: Harris Govern, a division of Harris Computer Systems, is pleased to announce that Miami-Dade County Office of the Property Appraiser (the Office) has selected Govern OpenForms Software as its future Computer Aided Mass Appraisal (CAMA) system for its real property appraisal solution.
The Office manages close to 1 million parcels for an approximate 2020 assessment taxable value of $324 billion. The Office’s primary responsibility is to identify and assess all real and tangible personal property within the County and certify the annual tax roll with the Florida Department of Revenue (FDOR) in accordance with State law. Furthermore, the Office provides maintenance of all associated property records, the administration of all exemptions, and the annual notification to all property owners in Miami-Dade County of their assessed property value.
The Office performs statutory functions related to the assessment of property for ad valorem taxes, which are vital to the financial health of local tax-supported government services including those of the County, municipalities, public schools, districts supporting water management, fire, police, libraries, and voter-approved debt service obligations.
The Office of the Property Appraiser released a competitive Request For Proposal to evaluate the market for a state-of-the-art platform that would help:
• Fulfill the above requirements
• Provide a highly configurable software solution
• Allow its technical staff to tailor the new software
• Create an efficient and productive software solution with ease of data access
“Through an evaluation of competitive vendors’ proposals and oral presentation, it was proven that the Govern Software can provide the Office with such capability based on its OpenForms Platform and the Office of the Property Appraiser has selected the Govern Software as Office staff, both Technical and End Users, will benefit from its highly configurable engine and the capabilities offered by this software,” stated Richard Beaini, Vice President, Major Accounts.
“With the completion of contract negotiations, Harris Govern has embarked on this high-profile project with the Office of the Property Appraiser’s Team. The Govern OpenForms Software will provide the Office with an innovative, comprehensive, and self-contained “PropertyAppraisal” system using a very innovative technology platform that enables a more efficient and productive environment through ease of data access and tailoring of the Software to the users’ needs. One of the major differentiators and a truly unique offering in this industry is OpenForms’ level of configurability. Our Software will enable the Office’s staff to economically manage, enhance and further improve its operating environment as it evolves over time based on internal needs and legislative mandates, all through a flexible configurable engine. We look forward to a successful project implementation and ongoing partnership with Miami-Dade Property Appraiser Office,” says Chang Kim, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Harris Govern.
“Although a system implementation of this magnitude is never easy, we expect the cost and investment in time will pay for itself with improved efficiencies and the integration of dispersed systems across our Office. We look forward to working with our new partners,” says Lazaro Solis, Deputy Property Appraiser.
About Miami-Dade County
Miami-Dade County encompasses more than 2,000 square miles (larger than the states of Rhode Island and Delaware). More than one-third of Miami-Dade County is located in Everglades National Park. The community is located along the southeast tip of the Florida peninsula. It is bounded by Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean to the east, Everglades National Park to the west, the Florida Keys to the south, and Broward County to the North.
• Miami-Dade County is a community of 2.8 million residents in 35 municipalities with 104 spoken languages.
• Miami-Dade County provides a superior infrastructure and strategic location for trade with Latin America and the Caribbean.
• Miami-Dade County is geographically situated between North and South America making it the cargo gateway of the Americas and well situated for increased trade from Europe, Asia, and Africa.
• The greater Miami area is a top destination in the U.S. for international tourists and has consistently ranked among the top preferred destinations for international travelers.
• Miami International Airport is #1 among U.S. airports for international freight and #2 among U.S. airports for international passengers.
• The Port of Miami is Florida’s #1 deep-water cargo container port doing business with 250 ports in 100 countries.
• The Port of Miami is the Cruise Capital of the World as it is home to 7 cruise lines with 22 cruise ships.
• Greater Miami and the beaches are one of the world’s most popular destinations.
• Greater Miami area beaches are among the best beaches in the world.