Step 2A: Verifying Appraisal Data Imports
Verify the following:
- All supplements have been accepted and all supplement groups have the status
Print/Balance Adjusted History Totals
Use the following procedure to print and balance the Adjusted Certified Totals. If you import for shared CADs you must confirm that the values add up for ALL external and internal CADs. If you do not import for any shared CADs, confirm that your totals balance back to your internal CAD totals.
- Run totals in PACS Collections: Activities> Assessment > Supplement Functions > Supplement Group Maintenance. Highlight the last supplement group that was processed in your system for the current year, right-click, and choose Details.
- If you import for other Appraisal Districts make sure all imports are complete.
- Click Print Totals.
The Print Adjusted Certified Totals dialog box is displayed.
- Select the current year and the greatest As of Supp # listed from the drop-down list.
- Select the entities.
- Select Print Grand Totals.
- Click Print.
Note: These totals should balance for each entity as follows: Offices that DO import: The combined totals of the final imports on the system should balance to this report. This is the case for each CAD you import for. Offices that DO NOT import: The totals should balance to your CADS adjusted certified totals as of the last supplement accepted.
- If you are a shared site (shared database between appraisal district and tax office) and your totals do not balance, creating the new year layer in PACS Appraisal could result in deleted properties being copied up to the next appraisal year.
- For Collections-only sites who manually update shared properties from another Central Appraisal District: If TA support copied your Collections-only properties to the new year and the data from your external CAD does not include some of those properties due to them being deleted at the CAD, this may cause your totals to not balance. Contact TA customer support for assistance with these issues.