Topic Revisions: Levy Roll and Tax Statement Procedures
Tax Code interpretation regarding discounts has initiated extended fuctionality. Supplemental Tax Statements are affected.
- A new configuration has been added to allow users to indicate that discounts should not be available on supplemental changes.
- The Late Ag Penalty will now display on Tax Statements for Levy Statements, Corrected Statements, and Supplemental Statements.
The Exporting / Printing Levy Statements section of this user guide has been modified to include publishing of electronic tax statements. Also, Step 2B: Configuring Event Object Paths and Postscript Printer has also been added.
The Levy Roll and Tax Statement Procedures user guide has been heavily revised. The content of the Freeze Ceiling Maintenance with a Collections-only Database user guide has been added here so that all of the content is accessible from this single recourse/space. Other significant changes include:
- Checklist - Performing the Fiscal Year Rollover process has been added as the first step.
- Verifying Appraisal Data and Imports - This was previously titled Before You Begin: Levy Roll and Tax Statement Procedures.
- Preparing the System for Bill/Tax Statement Creation - A note about contacting support do not want to create bills or properties under ARB review has been removed.
- Reviewing and Correcting Entity Tax Rates - References to your computer's monitor/screen have been removed, as well as a troubleshooting tip about checking for incorrect attorney fee dates and percentages.
- Copying the Previous Year's Tax Rates - A portion of the Purpose statement has been changed to bold.
- Modifying and Reviewing Tax Rates, Attorney's Fees, and Exemption Info - This procedure was previously titled Modifying Tax Rates and Attorney's Fees. Also, a screenshot was added with an additional step instructing users to review the Exemptions window in the entity's detail dialog box. Some minor text/syntax changes were made for clarity. Additional information was added to the bottom of the procedure to more fully explain the use and functionality of options in the Entity detail dialog box P&I Schedule tab.
- Creating Tax Bills - A more explicit warning not to make ownership change records in PACS Appraisal during this process has been added.
- Creating Rendition Penalty Bills - The directive in this topic to seek out the Collections Rendition Processing user guide has been rewritten, but has not changed in meaning.
- Creating Levy Statement Runs - A recommendation that this procedure be run from the server was added to the beginning. A missing step was added, directing the user to click Next upon opening the Wizard. The impact of the Sort Order option is now more fully explained.
- Populating the Fiscal Year - This procedure was completely rewritten in the TA documentation standard format (Purpose statement, Procedure); previously, this topic investigated whether populating the fiscal year was necessary on your system.
- Informing Customer Support of Levy Process Completion - A set of recommended actions to take after completing Levy has been added.
The Levy Roll and Tax Statement Procedures guide has been heavily revised. Please discard any version dated proper to July 2011.
- Printing Levy Statements - The language describing some of the options has been edited for better specificity, and some minor formatting issues were corrected.
- Printing Levy Roll - This procedure was updated to account for options that were added to the dialog box prior to 2011. In addition, some language and formatting have been changed to achieve better clarity and consistency with the rest of the application's documentation.
- Freeze Ceiling Maintenance - A reminder has been added to repeat the Prepare the System for Bill/Tax Statement Creation procedure after completing the Freeze Ceiling Maintenance procedures.
- Balancing Levy Totals - A note has been added about balancing levy totals for more than one appraisal district.
- Creating Levy Statements - A tip has been added for offices that print statements in-house. Offices that plan to print statements in a specific sort order are informed that selecting the same statement creation sort order allows print jobs to be resumed from a particular statement id if the print run is interrupted.
- Printing Levy Statements - A note has been added about viewing statements for owner records through events. Also, a new suppress history option has been added to the procedures for printing mineral property statements
- Activating New-Created Bills - A note has been added about grouping and viewing the most recent years' bills together.
- Populating the Fiscal Year - A caution has been removed.
- Modifying Tax Rate - Now includes a necessary step in the reordered procedures. A screenshot was also added.
September 8, 2009
- Freeze Ceiling Maintenance - A cautionary note has been added.
- Creating Levy Statement Runs and Printing Levy Statements - These topics now include information about printing the Return Service Requested comment on statements.
Reviewing Attorney's Fees
October 6, 2008
The topic Moving the System to a New Collections Year has been placed before the topic Populating the Fiscal Year.
August 26, 2008
- Before You Begin: Levy Roll and Tax Statement Procedures
- Agent Data Verification
The caution has been removed from the Creating Levy Statement Runs topic.
Populating the Fiscal Year is a new topic.
- Topic title has changed from Printing Levy Statements to Generating Levy Statements.
- Generating Levy Statements now includes a Next Steps section with instructions about how to view a previously-generated statement at a property level.