Setting Up Letters for Electronic Signatures
Use this procedure to set up Property-type and/or ARB inquiry or protest letters with an area for capturing electronic signatures.
Important Signing the signature is performed at the moment of printing.
- In PACS Appraisal, choose on of the following options:
- Tools > Letter Processing Maintenance > Letter Maintenance.
- Tools > ARB Maintenance > Letters > Letters Maintenance.
The Letter Maintenance or ARB Letter Maintenance dialog box is displayed.
- Select the property, inquiry, or protest letter and click Edit.
The ARB Letter Details dialog box is displayed.
- Click Edit Word Document.
The MergeWord window displayed.
- Insert a one-cell table (that is, one row and one column) into the letter at the location where you would like to display the signature. Set the width of the cell between 2 and 3 inches.
- We recommend displaying the border while sizing the cell in order to easily identify the location of the signature area, and then removing the border after the cell is sized.
- If required for formatting purposes, you can nest a one-cell table into other table cells.
- In the left pane, open the Signatures node, which displays a list of roles for parties involved in the ARB process.
- If you are working with an ARB letters, click the role tag that corresponds with the signature that is required for the letter, and drag it into the one-cell table.
- Save the document.