Running Preliminary Totals
You can use this procedure to:
- Provide the estimate of value to school districts by April 30 as required in Section 26.01(e) of the Texas Property Tax Code.
Except as provided by Subsection (f), not later than April 30, the chief appraiser shall prepare and certify to the assessor for each county, municipality, and school district participating in the appraisal district an estimate of the taxable value of property in that taxing unit. The chief appraiser shall assist each county, municipality, and school district in determining values of property in that taxing unit for the taxing unit’s budgetary purposes.
- Get an estimate of total value prior to creating appraisal notices.
- Have a total value for comparison to totals at certification in order to estimate values lost during the ARB process.
- In PACS Appraisal, choose Reports > Preliminary > Preliminary Totals.
The Print Preliminary Totals dialog box is displayed.
- To capture ARB Submission values (as required by Sec 41.47 per HB 1887), verify that the Calculate Entity Taxable Value check box is selected. (For more information, see Capturing ARB Submission Values.)
- In the Available Entities column, select the codes for which you want to run preliminary totals.
- Complete the property types, recalculation, and print options as required.
- Click either Preview or Print.