Use this procedure to add or deny standard exemptions for current or prior years. Multiple properties can be processed sequentially.
- In PACS Appraisal, choose Activities > Enter Exemptions.
- In the Prior Year Exemption Search dialog box, do one of the following:
Property ID or
Geo ID from the Load By drop-down list, enter the number, and click Load.
- Click Search to search for a property.
The property is displayed in the Prior Year Exemption Search dialog box grid.
- Select property and year combinations as required. Then click OK.
Note To view record details, select the record in the grid and click Property Details or Owner Details.
- In the Property Exemption Wizard, review the owner information and complete the following options as required:
- To modify owner details, click Details in the Owners grid.
- If you want to search for a different owner (if the property has been sold, for example), enter an owner name in the Owner Search box and click Search.
- Click Next.
- Review the Ownership History, Events, and Group Codes, and complete the following options as required:
- To view or modify ownership history, select the ownership record and click Details.
- To view event details, select the event record and click Details.
- To add or remove group codes, select Add/Remove and use the arrows to move codes from the Available column to the Selected column. Or, enter the group code and click Quick Add.
- Click Next.
- Review or modify improvements and land segments. In order to indicate that improvements and land segments are eligible for exemption, you need to set them to Homesite. Use the following options as required:
- Include all improvements and land segments in the property's total assessed value by selecting Set all Improvement and Land to Homesite.
- To manually override the default homesite exemption percentage, select Override Homesite % and enter the percentage value.
- To specify an exemption for a specific improvement or land segment, click Details and then select the Homesite check box.
- Click Next.
- Review or modify situs information. Enter comments and remarks as required.
Note You can have multiple situs addresses and mark one of the addresses as the primary address.
- Click Next again.
- In the Property Exemption Wizard, review the exemption applicant name.
- In the Exemptions section, choose the Reset Exemptions check box if changes have been made to the property that affect the exemptions, and select from the following exemption types as needed:
- For each exemption selected, enter the following information as required:
- Qualified Year - Year applicant qualified for the exemption
- New For - Beginning year from which exemption is applied
- To apply the local option for a selected exemption, choose the Local Option check box.
- In the Info section, complete the following fields as required:
- DL Number - Driver's license number
- SSN - Social security number
- Deferral Date - For OV65 and OV65S exemptions, the date deferral was approved.
- Spouse Birth Date - Property owner's spouse's date of birth
- Owner Birth Date - Property owner's date of birth
- In the Required for prorated exemptions section, complete the following fields as required:
- Prorate Begin Date - Any date following January 1 on which the exemption goes into effect.
- Prorate Out Date - Any date before December 31st on which the exemption expires.
- In the Expiration Date section, if required, select the Absent Expiration check box if the owner of the property leaves for a certain period of time and is still eligible to maintain the exemptions for that property for a certain time period, and complete the Date and Comment fields.
- Click Next.
- If you are processing exemptions in certified years, complete the following options in the Supplement Wizard as required:
- In the Action section, select one of the following:
- Select the supplement option on the Supplement section from the following options:
- Available - The record is placed in a previously created supplement group and supplement number.
- New - A new supplement number is created within an existing supplement group.
- Pending - The property is placed in the existing pending supplement group, and can be moved to an active supplement when it is ready to be completed.
- Create New Supplement Group - A new supplement group is created.
- Complete the Supplement Date, Supplement Code, and Supplement Reason fields as required. Click Next.
- The Supplement Wizard displays a summary. Click Finish.
A property exemption summary is displayed.
- Select from the following options as required:
- Freeze Summary - Shows freeze summary for the selected property.
- Recalc - Recalculates property values for all selected years.
- Property - Opens the property record.
- Click Close.
The Quick Image Scan dialog box is displayed.
Note To exit the Quick Image Scan dialog box, click Cancel.
- If necessary, remove a property, review property details, or search for a new property. Then complete the following fields:
- Image Type - The reason for using the image.
- Record Type - The type of record to which the image will be attached.
- Scan Date - The date that the image was scanned.
- Image Date - The date associated with the image.
- Effective Year - The year in which the image can be used.
- Select one of the following:
- Scan Image - Click Scan to begin scanning the documentation.
- Select existing images - Click Browse to select an existing image. Repeat as required.
- If necessary, preview or remove images from the bottom pane. Click OK.