Importing Building Permits
Use this procedure to import an Excel spreadsheet populated with Building Permit information into the PACS database. The import process consists of (1) downloading the basic spreadsheet from our Client Community website, (2) entering the building permit data into the spreadsheet, and then (3) importing that spreadsheet into PACS Appraisal.
- The Building Permits user right is assigned to your ID.
- You must have a user account to access the Client Community website.
- This procedure requires you to download a file from our website. To do so, you may need to reduce your internet browser's security settings.
- Navigate your web browser to the Client Community ( http://www.trueautomation.com/community/ ) and proceed to the Downloads page.
- From the list of download options, click Transfer Layouts. Then click the link for 8.x.
- From the list of transfer layout documents, locate the file
building_permits.xls . Click on the file name.
Tip For security reasons, some internet browsers may prevent you from downloading the file. If an information bar is displayed at the top of the browser window, you may be required to click on the bar, choose File Download Blocked > Download File, and then navigate to the Downloads page for Transfer Layouts 8.x a second time and reselect the file.
- After clicking on the
building_permit.xls file, the File Download window opens. Click Open.
- Save the opened spreadsheet file to your machine.
Tip We recommend saving two copies of the file: One version without any of your modifications, and a second version for you to work in.
Take note of the saved file's location. The location is needed to complete the import procedure.
- In your copy of the building permit spreadsheet, begin entering the building permit data in the appropriate cells. Save your work often.
Tip The bldg_permit_accts column is for Property IDs.
- After you enter all the required data in the spreadsheet, do the following in Excel:
- Select all data in the spreadsheet by left-clicking and holding your mouse down as you drag across all of the cells in your spreadsheet that have data, including the column headers.
- With all data cells selected, open the Formulas tab and click Name Manager.
- In the Name Manager dialog box, click New.
- In the New Name dialog box, erase any pre-existing name displayed in the Name field and enter
building_permits. Then click OK.
- If any names other than
building_permits are displayed in the Name Manager dialog box, delete them.
- Click Close.
- Save the spreadsheet.
- In PACS Appraisal, choose File > Import > Building Permits.
- In the Building Permit Import dialog box, click Browse and navigate to the file location of the building permit spreadsheet.
- After selecting the spreadsheet to be imported, click Open.
The Building Permits detailed in the spreadsheet are now staged for importing.
- To remove a Building Permit from the list, highlight the row and click Remove. You can also select multiple consecutive items by holding down the
Shift key, or multiple non-consecutive rows by holding down the
- To change or add information to a Building Permit, click Details or double click the row in the Preview window.
- To finish the import process, click Import.
- Repeat the process to add more Building Permits from Excel spreadsheets.