Manually Creating Bills
Use this procedure to create bills in your system manually.
You can use this procedure when your tax office receives payment for a delinquent bill that has already been purged from the system, or for other reasons.
The user right Manually Create Bills is assigned.
- Choose Property > Bills > Manually Create Bill.
The Manually Create Bill window is displayed.
- Complete the following fields:
- Year – Select the year for the bill you are about to create.
- Entity - Select the entity code for the bill you are creating.
Note The entities listed in the drop-down box are the entities on the property. If no entities are displayed, select List All to view all the entities in the system.
- Modify Code - Select the code for the supplement.
- Modify Reason - Enter the reason for creating the bill manually.
- Effective Due Date – The date that the bill must be paid by to prevent penalty, interest, and attorney fees from accruing.
- Assessed Value – Type the assessed value for this bill, which PACS uses to calculate the net taxable and tax due.
- Exemption Amount – Type the exemption amount for this bill, which PACS uses to calculate the net taxable and tax due.
- Net Taxable – PACS calculates this value based on the assessed value and exemption amount you entered.
- Tax Rate – Taken from the entity record's tax rates for the year.
- M&O Tax - Calculated based on the next taxable value and the tax rate.
Note If you need an M&O amount different than the calculated figure, or if you do not have the assessed value and exemption amounts, select the Override check box, and then enter the correct amount.
I&S Tax – Calculated based on the net taxable value and the tax rate.
Note If you need an I&S amount different than the calculated figure, or if you do not have the assessed value and exemption amounts, select the Override check box, and then enter the correct amount.
- Important Verify that the Supplemental Bill check box is selected. If it is not selected, the system adds this bill into the original tax column on your recap reports, and not in the adjusted tax column.
- Click OK to create the bill.