Printing Penalty Waiver Letters
Use this procedure to notify a business that a penalty has been waived.
Letters to be used for BPP rendition processing must have been set up with the Letter Maintenance activity (Tools > Letter Processing Maintenance > Letter Maintenance) and the BPP Letter Maintenance activity (Tools > Letter Processing Maintenance > BPP Letter Maintenance). For information about setting up the letters, see Letter Processing.
- Choose Activities > Rendition Processing > Penalty Waiver Letter.
The BPP Letter Processing – Waiver of Penalty dialog box is displayed.
- Choose one of the following options to specify which businesses you will send a letter to:
- Selection Criteria – Select this option and use it in conjunction with the Waiver Status drop-down.
In the May 30th Extension Status drop-down, select one of the following business categories to send a letter to:
- Denied (ID) – Your appraisal district has denied the extension request.
- User Granted (G) – The appraisal district has granted the request individually.
- Not Requested – This is the default for all requests.
- System Granted (SG) – A process was used to grant the request; the request was not processed individually.
Note Your appraisal district may have created other categories to choose from.
- Query – Select this option to specify businesses to send letters to according to query results.
- In the Query pane, enter the SQL code for the query.
- Property ID – Comma Separated – Select this option to list properties to send a letter to.
- In the Property ID – Comma Separated pane, list the property IDs, separated by commas.
- Choose a sort order for the letters.
- If you want to skip properties for which letters have already been printed, check Skip Letters Already Printed.
- Click Print.
A message is displayed indicating that the system is printing the letters.
- You are prompted to acknowledge that the generation of letters is complete. Click OK.
For information about setting up a query so that you can use it as a selection option, see PACS. Query.