Creating Multiple Properties
Use this procedure to create multiple property records en masse. This feature is useful, for example, if you need to create multiple property records for a new subdivision.
Note If you would like to create multiple property records based on the contents of an existing property record (that is, a "master" property), use the Mass Create New Properties activity.
- The user right Mass Create Properties is assigned to your user ID.
- If you need to use the Auto Build Geo ID option, the geo ID format must be set up (Tools > System Settings > Setup Geo Formats).
- To automatically complete prefix and suffix data when you select a street from the Street drop-down list in the Situs section, enter and store the street name and corresponding prefixes and suffixes under Tools > Code File Maintenance > General > Streets.
- To automatically complete the City and State fields by selecting a zip code, enter and store the city and state names that correspond with zip codes under Tools > Code File Maintenance > General > Streets.
- In PACS Appraisal, choose File > New > Mass Property Creation.
The Mass Create Properties: General dialog box is displayed.
- In the Property Count field, enter the number of new property records to be created.
- In the Abstract/Subdivision drop-down list, select the abstract/subdivision for the new property records.
- Enter the block number and in the Starting Lot field, enter the first lot number to be applied in the series of lot numbers to be used.
- To apply lot numbers to the property records in descending order based on the entry in the Starting Lot field, select the Reverse Order check box.
- If you need to append additional characters to the end of the legal descriptions that the system automatically builds for the new property records, enter the characters in the Additional Legal field. (For information about setting up the configuration for the automatic build, see Configuring Legal Descriptions.)
- In the Geo and Ref ID section, choose geo ID and ref ID options as required:
- If you need to use geo IDs, choose one of the following options:
- In the GEO ID field, enter the geo ID. To automatically increase the geo ID by one for each property record, select Auto Sequence Geo ID. If the Auto Sequence Geo ID is not selected, the characters entered in the GEO ID field will be applied to all property records.
- To have PACS automatically create geo IDs, select Auto Build Geo ID and in the GEO Format drop-down list, select the format for the geo IDs to be created automatically.
- If you need to assign reference IDs, choose one of the following options:
- Complete the Ref ID fields with an internal reference number to be applied to property records.
- To complete the Ref ID 1 field with the geo ID, select the Auto Fill Geo ID check box. With this option, if the geo ID is less than 8 characters, PACS appends zeros to the end of the geo ID inserted in the Ref ID field to extend the ID to 8 characters.
- Complete the options in the Situs section.
- Select the following land data options:
- Acres/Sq Ft - Specifies the unit of measurement for the lot (either acres or square feet).
- Land Size - Defines the total area of the land segment to be created on the property. If the properties are of different sizes, enter the average area of the majority of the lots.
- Create Land Segment
- Land Type - Defines the land type of the segments to be created. If the properties are of different land types, enter the land type that applies to the majority of the lots.
- State Code -The state code to apply to land segments. If the properties require different state codes select the state code that applies to the majority of the lots.
- Condo %
- If a split is required, specify the parent ID of the property record on which the split is to be based.
- Choose one of the Ownership History options as required:
- Do not copy deed transfers
- Copy all deed transfers
- Copy the most recent deed transfer - This option copies the deed transfer with the sequence assigned as zero(0).
- Click Next.
The Mass Create Properties: Property Identification dialog box is displayed.
- In the top section of the dialog box, select and enter data that identifies the location of the property.
- In the Owner Info section, select the owner for the property records.
- In the Entities field, select the taxing entities for the properties.
- To add an event description to each property record, select Add Individual Event to Each Property. Then click Add Event to select the event description to be applied to the property records.
- Click Next.
The Mass Create Properties: Property Breakdown dialog box is displayed.
- Review the list of properties that are about to be created. If you need to change or add data, select the line for the property record and enter information in the appropriate column.
- Click Finish. You are prompted to confirm that you are ready to create the properties in the data base. Click Yes.
The Mass Create dialog box is displayed.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Create more - Starts the wizard again and retains the data just entered. This option is useful when creating property records one block at a time.
- View list - Select this option to review a list of the properties just created.
- Done - Closes the mass creation process.